Saturday, October 10, 2009

the arrival


i am here! i finally made it to Europe after 26 years of my life. i'm just proud i finally got all my stuff together and made it over here. the full trip is 20 days (Oct 8th - 27th) and the agenda looks something like this: Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Paris (France), and Madrid (Spain). i will also be spending one night in London on the way back, but that is more of a layover snafu on my part.


somehow, i finally managed to pull myself away from work (even worked for a few hours on the day of my departure) and i departed thursday, october 8th at 4:20 local Houston time. i arrived in Berlin, Germany on october 9th at 11:35am. other than narrowly making my connecting flight in London, the whole flight went pretty smoothly. i slept almost the entire flight which was nice after only sleeping 2 hours the night because of my usual late night packing ritual.


first off, JetLag is for panzies! after a quick 30 minute power nap at my Berlin hostel, a nice hot shower and a change of clothes, i was ready to go! no JetLag whatsoever, must have been all the sleeping on the plane.


anyway, i am here. it's go time!


best,
zack!




No comments:

Post a Comment