Friday, October 23, 2009

Paris - last night, last wash

Tonight is my last night in Paris and man have I done a lot here! Even with everything I have done, I know I have only scraped the surface of this wonderful city - you could spend a month here with no job and still be overwhelmed by how much there is to see and do. Today I took a day trip to the Palace of Versailles, which was quite a rainy affair (as expected). The picnic in the garden wasn't very pleasurable, that is, until I cracked open my bottle of wine! I bought a decent 12 euro bottle at the open market in Versailles and finished half of it on the tour and the other half in my hotel room earlier tonight.

Most of my night had been consumed with my least favorite vacation activity - doing laundry. I did most of it at the local laundromat (always one right around the corner and Europe) and then I came back to the room and even washed the clothes I was wearing, just to get every single bit clean so that I don't have to do laundry again the rest of the trip. Up next? Madrid for 4 nights and then 1 night in London before returning to the States. Now, to bed! I'm sleeping in!








No comments:

Post a Comment