Saturday, October 10, 2009

Berlin - day 2

woke up today and had a quick breakfast at the hostel, did some light email/web browsing and then headed out for the day. Met up with Kassie for a Fat Tire Bike tour of Berlin, downed my second Club Mitte of the trip (an interesting heavily caffeinated, carbonated beverage with a witch on the bottle) and was ready to ride. The tour was pretty awesome - it lasted over 5 hours, hit all the highlights of Berlin, and was a nice little workout all in one. We saw the site of Hitlers bunker, some remnants of the Berlin Wall, a pretty striking Holocaust memorial, and many other famous Berlin buildings/sites. It also included a trip to a Beer Garden where we ate and drank – had both a hot spiced wine that had rum in it and also some wine that is only served one month out of the year…holiday festival wine I think it was called. I really forgot how awesome riding bikes is, made me feel like a kid againl. I wish Americans biked around more, just another reason to move to Austin sooner in my life I guess…









see all photos (complete with captions/descriptions) here:


Berlin - Day 2
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment