Monday, October 26, 2009

Madrid Spain - not much to read, not much time

Sorry guys (if anyone is even reading this thing), I have not posted much from Madrid as I have been on the move almost the whole time while in Madrid, mainly because, the way my arrival and departures worked out, it really only gave me 3 full days in the city instead of my normal 4-5 I have had everywhere else. I also had to work through an airline strike situation which consumed the better part of this afternoon (you can read about the strike here) but luckily, after going to the airport and talking face to face with some people, I have a new flight and will still be returning to the United States soon.

I fly from Madrid to London (now on British Airways instead of Iberia airlines) at 2:00pm local time on Monday, and then depart the following day around 2:00pm for Houston, TX (direct flight with British Airways). I will have less than 24 hours in London but will try to at least see a few of the sights and snap a few photographs along the way.

As I mentioned earlier, I have been pretty busy in Madrid and have seen quite a bit here. My favorite two things about Madrid? All the beautiful park space they have here and TAPAS! I am convinced that Tapas and the Spanish way of eating is the only way to go. I wish the US could adopt this - so fun, so social, so delicioso! I also did one of the coolest things here on my whole trip which was attend a Flamenco Dance show. The #1 rated show in town is located just 3 doors down from my hostel, so I went there the second night and took in a show which was awesome! I haven't uploaded all my photos from Madrid, but I did upload some photographs (pretty dark and blurry, no flashes allowed) and videos from that night. When I get home, I will try and edit the video a little better to just show the highlights, but for now there are some slow parts included. Try to find the video where the dancers are really getting into it! They go crazy! A spontaneous commotion of clapping, tapping, and spinning. It was really fun.

Well, that's all I got for tonight, need to get some sleep so that I can wake up early and pack. Gonna be tought as I picked up a few items here in Madrid since it was towards the end of my trip. This might be my last post, but do not worry, Zack! Harris in the flesh will be making his return to the USA soon enough. Feed me Mexican Food (tex-mex please) now! HANGRY!

-Zack!

Flamenco Dance Show photos and videos:

Flamenco

1 comment:

  1. i've enjoyed the blog so far. It has gotten me thinking about when I can make another trip to europe.

    ReplyDelete